Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Worth another quick look - Freedom



It's been a while since I've posted this, so I thought I'd do it again. (I think the last time I put it up was the morning of election day last November.

With all that is going on and all the scandals that are rocking our nation's capitol these days, this video is still as apropos as ever. I still shake my head about Ned Lamont - I can't believe Joe Lieberman got reelected, especially considering his votes, behavior and remarks since beating Lamont last fall. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Enjoy it - I hope it motivates you a little bit to get a little more politically active if you aren't, or maybe even more if you already are. I strongly urge you to do something about all of the problems with our federal government. It's the primary reason I write on this blog, to try to affect even a *little* change.

To that end, I hope to be bringing you a lot more in the coming days. I've been hopelessly bogged down the last few evenings, and I won't get nearly as much up tonight as I'd like, but tomorrow evening is set aside for a great deal of writing. Much of it will be letter writing to members of Congress, and I will share the text of those letters on here, which you are free to use for your own letters that I hope you take a few minutes to write. That's why God (and Bill Gates) gave us copy/paste.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home