Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, April 30, 2007

Lewis Black on those #@!$%#$@!! queers


WARNING: This one is not for work, or for playing around the kids.

This clip is raw, but it makes such a good point that I had to share it.

Lewis Black is one of my favorite political comedians going. He's at the top of his game right now. I found a whole bunch of his clips on YouTube tonight, and they're great, but a friend of mine posted this on MySpace today, and I wanted to share it, because it's right on about gay marriage.

I too find it offensive that Republicans think that gay marriage is some sort of threat. It's a complete joke - the "sanctity of marriage." How about "the sanctimoniousness of the marriage issue."

This clip is just a bit older, because he mentions Rick Santorum, who I'm still elated no longer is in the Senate because of his Bush-rubber-stamp, insensitive, intolerant policies and political views.

Looking back now, it's patently absurd how the press, the electorate, and yes, Democrats let Repubes frame the debate and what issues were important in '04 and '06. I hope it never happens again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if gay marriage were on a ballot today, I wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to cast a "Yes" vote.

I read somewhere once that "there's nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

If that doesn't describe the gay rights movement, I don't know what does.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home