Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, May 11, 2007

Just in case you missed it...

...and unless you watch Fersatz News, you surely did, this is what Fox political commentator Dick Morris had to say about the War in Iraq the other day (in support of keeping our troops in Iraq):
I think withdraw from Iraq give Al-Qaeda a HUGE victory. [Emphasis his] A HUGE victory. On the other hand, if we stay in Iraq, it gives them the opportunity to kill more Americans, which they really like. One of the things though, that I think the anti-war crowd has not considered - is that if we're putting Americans right within their arms' reach [Al-Qaeda and other anti-American terrorists], they don't have to come to Wall St. to kill Americans. They don't have to knock down the [World] Trade Center. They can do it around the corner. And convenience is a big factor when you're a terrorist.
I'm not kidding. Morris said it, on Fox News. Sure Dick, let's make sure killing Americans is easy for the terrorists.

This is by far the most outrageous and despicable thing I've heard said about the War in Iraq since it began over four years ago.

This is the old Flypaper Strategy of the GOP: "Let's fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here." If this were being said about Osama bin Laden, four years ago, maybe I would have believed it. But, I certainly don't buy into that idiotic rationale in Iraq.

Conservatives will point to Al-Qaeda's presence in Iraq now and say, "But Al-Qaeda is there now!" Yes, but only because we invaded. If we leave, it's a virtual certainty that Iraq will kick out Al-Qaeda, too. Iraq was a secular nation under Saddam. The late Iraqi leader was not at all aligned with bin Laden or Al-Qaeda.

Anyway, as for the rest of it, I'll let Morris' quote stand on its own.

Despicable.

What's truly frightening to me is that Fox Noise is the most watched cable news channel in the country.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home