Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Are Mexicans invading Canada & the NHL?


Quite naturally, I'm all stoked for hockey season, and this feature on The Daily Show had me rolling the other night. It's a feature about how Mexicans are overrunning Canada, and it features Edmonton Oiler forward Raffi Torres. It's pretty funny, as almost all features on TDS are.

I'll type more about hockey later in the week. Some of the writing on hockey in this country is laugh-out-loud funny; I read a columnist yesterday in USA Today who predicted that my Oilers could be in the hunt for the number one pick. I guess he simply missed the offseason and all of the moves Edmonton did. I usually ignore such predictions an I don't get too emotional about them - in '06, when Edmonton went all the way to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, many had picked them to finish 10th in the conference. Oops.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home