Palin fumbles Couric question... in her own endzone
This is some pretty amazing footage - another piece released by CBS News from the now infamous interview of Sarah Palin by Katie Couric. The entire interview has been discussed ad nauseum, but the piece above is simply breathtaking.
Couric: What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?The reaction by Repubes has been largely predictable - that it was a "gotchya" question. I mean, seriously, if a candidate can't think of one Supreme Court case that she disagrees with, she not only has no business being vice president, but she has no business even being on the ticket.
Palin: Well, let's see. There's, of course in the great history of America there have been rulings, that’s never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but...
Couric: Can you think of any?
Palin: Well, I could think of... any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But, you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a vice president, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today.
Palin even got dissed by Elizabeth Hasslebeck on The View today! That's quite an achievement, as she's a GOP stooge of the highest order.
I was discussing this with a conservative colleague today, and he agreed when I had this to say... ANY politician could have and should have had some sort of a semblence of an answer, even if that answer didn't answer the question. It could have involved turning around the question and talking about some positive cases (How ya doin', Bush v. Gore?), or something.
And she was wilting under the tremendous weight of Katie Courics softball queries. I cannot even imagine, nay, I shudder at the thought of Palin sitting on the other side of table across from the Iranian or North Korean dictator.
Anyway, on to the debate in a minute. ...
Labels: Katie Couric, Sarah Palin







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home