Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A sage This Modern World

[Click for larger image]

I haven't published a This Modern World cartoon in a little while, and this one isn't the latest, but it is his latest greatest cartoon - how the Republicans keep shooting themselves, even worse than the Democrats for once. (And how many times have I been able to say THAT since I began this blog? Actually, how many times have I been able to say that in the last 30 years? Not many.)

Tom Tomorrow said in a much more sage and humorous way what I've been saying since Obama took the Oath of Office: Republicans whined for years that Democrats wanted to see Bush fail in Iraq (which I found to be mostly a lie - I know I didn't want him to fail, I just wanted to war to END, and I still do), and now Republicans, led by the bloated drug addict, are openly rooting for Obama's economic stimulus plan to fail, which could very well spiral our economy into another Great Depression. Yea, let's root for THAT for the sake of partisan politics.

Well, anyway, what does Limbaugh care? He's got his $100 million+ broadcasting contract, so if the economy tanks, he'll still have money for his Krispy Kremes and OxyContin, right? These people are unbelievable, and by "people" I also mean the Republican "leaders" in Congress. (I'll have more on those laughable clowns in a bit.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home