Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, October 09, 2006

GOP's response to Foley? Clinton &... Studds?!?



I don't mean to be beating you over the head with YouTube clips today, but there's a great deal out there I've been meaning to bring you, and I'm behind. And besides, these are too damn good not to share.

I got this particular piece from Blue Spot, one of my new favorite blogs. It's a great round-up of idiotic Republicans responding to the Foley Sex Scandal.

Rush Limbaugh is always good for a laugh - evidently the OxyContin has worn off and he is under the delusion that he's some sort of moral authority again (I'd argue he never was).

Also interesting to hear Matt Drudge's take on this scandal, shilling for Republicans as usual. His argument sure is on solid ground, eh? I heard something on NPR this morning about Drudge that enraged me - evidentally he meets regularly with RNC Chair Ken Mehlman to receive Republican talking points and things to report about. Drudge's Website is one of the most visited political sites on the Web. Example 1,255,648 that we have a liberal dominated media.

I have to confess that I do drop by Drudge's Website, The Drudge Report, every so often, just to see what Republicans are whining and bitching about. He's not 100% Republicans, just about 90%. Above is a screen shot of TDR when President Bush made the mistake of nominating Bernard Kerik as his Secretary of Homeland Security. Oops.

But, I digress. Drudge's defense of the Foley Sex Scandal is laughable - that the pages were "egging on" Foley. Hmmm - Imagine if Democrats had cried that "Lewinsky was egging on the president"? Can you just imagine the firestorm that would have erupted?

Anyway, thought you might enjoy the roundup.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home